Unique Shared Housing Option in Brand New House– Bracken Ridge.
Three men with mild intellectual disabilities are looking for someone to share their home with. We are looking for a person to move into this newly constructed 2-storey home at a reduced rental rate. Your living space is an upstairs self- contained area comprising of: bedroom, your own private living space, ensuite and balcony in addition to shared living area, kitchen and laundry downstairs.
If you work in or study community services, social work, education or nursing or are just interested, it’s a chance to learn about the experiences of people with disabilities, who are moving out of home for the first time and learning about independence.
- 2-storey, brand new house.
- 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 4 private living areas plus additional communal living area, kitchen and laundry.
- Furniture (optional)
- Bus-stop across road with regular services.
Ideal home sharer:
- Happy to help the householders with some independent living skills e.g. cleaning, food preparation. (No personal care or medication assistance involved).
- You can commit to being present in the house overnight for 4 nights per week.
- You pay $123 per week which includes rent, power and internet.
- Starting date is flexible and negotiable.